Sunday, April 24, 2016

i know

your vows were
double-edged swords.
you swore you'd 
the first time your hand
grazed my spine
was so sweet
i can’t believe
you’ve turned into this.
“i love you”
feels like me choking.
“i won’t do it again”
looks like pain.
“i’m sorry”
are words too pure
to be cruel.
the thought of leaving
has me shaking,
but staying
means further hurting.
i blame you
for thinking i could
stay and clean your wounds.
i’m sorry but i need
to take care of me
before i think of you.
it takes time to heal-
i know maybe once I have,
too much time will have passed,
and it might be already too late
to forgive myself once again
for being weak and letting you win.
i know these lingering lies
keep making us tie
in this game
we shouldn't play.
i know how hard it is to let go.
i know how hard it is.
i know.

No comments:

Post a Comment